In the "Saw" film franchise a key event was John Kramer swallowing a casette tape covered in wax for it to be recovered in his autopsy. Could this realistically happen in real life?
Question #117896. Asked by jimmycarlos.
Answer has 2 votes
Zbeckabee Moderator 17 year member
Answer has 2 votes.
Virtually any object small enough to pass through the pharynx may be swallowed. Items commonly ingested by children include coins, small toys, pencils, pens and their tops, batteries, safety pins, needles and hairpins – they are mainly radio-opaque. Food-related items such as fish and chicken bones are more often ingested by older children and adults and tend to be radiolucent. In adults dentures or parts from dentures can be swallowed accidentally and are reported in the literature.