Question #148598. Asked by ozzz2002.
Last updated Aug 01 2021.
Originally posted Jul 31 2021 7:52 PM.
From 1957 to 2007, the croquet lawn (not full-size) was situated at the southern end of the Grounds, alongside the Church Road boundary fence. The Club Croquet Championship was reintroduced together with a Handicap singles event in 1960 and in recent years a golf croquet event was started. In the autumn of 2007 a new full-size lawn was created in the Southlands College ground, which was opened on 19 April 2008 by Professor Bernard Neal, President of the Croquet Association. Professor Neal was the Club champion 38 times between 1963 and 2005.https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/about_aeltc.html