Join FunTrivia for Free: Hourly trivia games, quizzes, community, and more!
Fun Trivia
Ask FunTrivia: Questions and Answers
Answers to 100,000 Fascinating Questions
Welcome to FunTrivia's Question & Answer forum!

Search All Questions

Please cite any factual claims with citation links or references from authoritative sources. Editors continuously recheck submissions and claims.

Archived Questions

Goto Qn #

What are the odds against cutting an ace from a deck of cards?

Question #69735. Asked by joycepomfret.

Answer has 6 votes
Currently Best Answer
19 year member
145 replies

Answer has 6 votes.

Currently voted the best answer.
7.7% chance of getting an ace (4/52) and 92.3% chance of not getting an ace (48/52).

Aug 16 2006, 5:52 AM
Answer has 3 votes
21 year member
956 replies

Answer has 3 votes.
Assuming any ace will do, and not a specific one, its 4 in 52 with no jokers in the pack. That' about 7.7% as teash said.

Aug 16 2006, 1:46 PM
Answer has 3 votes
17 year member
264 replies

Answer has 3 votes.
So that's 13/1 against?

Aug 16 2006, 4:38 PM
Answer has 4 votes
20 year member
772 replies

Answer has 4 votes.
No it would be 12 to 1 against (ignoring Jokers)

Aug 16 2006, 5:10 PM
Answer has 2 votes

Answer has 2 votes.
But the bottom card wouldn't count, you can't cut to the bottom card, so if that is an Ace the odds change slightly.

Aug 17 2006, 5:44 AM
free email trivia FREE! Get a new mixed Fun Trivia quiz each day in your email. It's a fun way to start your day!

arrow Your Email Address:

Sign in or Create Free User ID to participate in the discussion